2011年3月31日星期四

A Review on The iPad 2

North Georgia Chief Information Officer Dr. Bryson Payne was among the lucky few to have received an iPad 2 early.

In an interview with The Saint he provided a review of the device. Some of the comments have been shortened for space considerations.

Q: What were your first impressions of the iPad 2?

A: I didn't think I would be as impressed as I am with the new iPad 2. With the addition of the cameras (front- and rear-facing), plus the increased speed, built-in screen-sharing and the ability to show your iPad's screen on a TV or projector) have won me over pretty quickly. The potential for innovation in both academic and administrative settings is astounding.

Q: Is it really that much better than a first-generation iPad?

A: The front-facing camera really takes the new iPad 2 to a new level. The first time I saw a screen shot of the Cisco WebEx video conferencing app on the iPad 2 I thought it was as close to a "killer app" as I'd ever seen. You can conference with up to 25 people and you can share files and documents... As I saw it, I thought meetings at North Georgia would never be the same.

Q: You mentioned the Cisco WebEx app - what are your other favorite apps on the iPad 2?

A: I love the Citrix Reciever. This Citrix app allows you to access a virtual Windows desktop from your iPad, and it's surprisingly usable. You can edit documents, print, save files, and more right on a virtual desktop. I like the features in iBooks, the Kindle app, USA Today and other news apps for keeping well-read and up-to-date. . . The one app I'm waiting for is a great notes app. There's still no outstanding iPad 2 stylus-type note-taking app. I still carry paper and pens alongside my iPad 2 to jot down quick notes, and that just feels wrong.

Q: Apple has to be holding something back for the iPad 3 - what features are missing, or is there anything that could be better?

A: I have only three complaints about the iPad 2, and none of them are deal-breakers for me. If future iPad versions allow you to set up everything on the device itself without an old-fashioned desktop or laptop in the way, it could truly stand apart as a replacement for those devices.

Second, the speaker is located on the lower back of the iPad 2. You have to cup your hand somewhat awkwardly around the back when listening to video or audio to get the full volume.

Third, while the new magnetic cover definitely has a cool factor, it doesn't feel as sturdy as the "old" iPad case for standing the iPad up on its own, and you have to be careful not to pick the iPad up by the magnetic cover.


Q: Is there anything else you'd like to share about this innovative device?

A: I think it's going to be a great launching pad for innovation in the classroom and on the administrative side of the university alike. It's certainly got the right tools for collaboration, and I can't wait to see how North Georgia takes advantage of technologies like the iPad 2 over the coming year.

Q:  What about recommend us an easy-to-use iPad 2 Converter?

A: iPad 2 Video Converter Mac is your best choice to convert videos to iPad 2 on Mac OS X.

and  As a powerful converter, iPad 2 Video Converter can easily convert kinds of videos to iPad for playing. The input format includes AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, MTS, M2TS, MOD, H.264/AVC, RMVB, HD TS, HD MOV, WMV HD, etc. Best iPad 2 Converter allows users to enjoy videos with its large and high-resolution screen freely.

没有评论:

发表评论